lifestyle lists & guides
My 2015 Christmas Wish List!Monday, November 16, 2015
Alright, y'all. I know Christmas isn't about the gifts, but chances are gifts will be given, and received. So, why not po...
Alright, y'all. I know Christmas isn't about the gifts, but chances are gifts will be given, and received. So, why not post a Christmas wish list, right?
You know you've reached true adulthood when the majority of your wish lists consists of home goods.
1. Pot rack: I just never feel like there's enough room for all the pots & pans and accessories. This gets them out of the way and is a great deal for only $40 at Target.
2. Pans and cookie sheets: $40 for 10 pieces seems like a steal for all the baking pans you could ever need!
3. Pots and pans set: T-Fal pots and pans are some of the best made cooking sets out there. This giant 20-piece set is less than $100, and then we could get rid of our terribly crappy pots and pans we have now.
4. A nice knife block: I'm in love with this gorgeous knife set and block by Hampton Forge. $75 is a moderate price for a well-made knife set.
5. Kitchen mats: I love this printed mat from Target for 11 bucks. I'd put it in front of the stove and this solid mat that's less than $10 in front of the sink.
6. Set of two bar stools for dining room table: I bought a beautiful drop-leaf pub table from Walmart a few years ago on clearance for like $20, but never got around to getting any chairs for it. So, we've never ate dinner at the table. I would love this gorgeous, matching cherry set of stools to go with our table for less than $85.
7. Rolling kitchen cart: I need a rolling kitchen cart in my life, or a bar cart. Truth be told, it will become a coffee cart with the Keurig on top and so many coffee cups. I love this one because it's red, inexpensive ($50) and metal (easy to clean!), but would honestly take any rolling cart that could get the job done.
8. New mattress set and bedding: At the top of my list is a new mattress (queen or larger), but I hate how expensive they can be. With a new mattress, I'd love a new comforter set with gray as a focus color. This entire set is less than $40 for the King size.
9. Pillows, firm: With a super plush mattress, we'll need some extra firm pillows. Aah, I'm asleep already.
10. Area rugs for bedroom and living room: Another thing that is just too expensive for my taste is area rugs. I would love this one ($140 for 7x10) for the bedroom, and this one ($120 for 7x10) for the living room, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money on a rug. So, onto the wish list it goes.
11. A gorgeous front-loading high-efficiency washer & dryer set: These babies are running as cheap as $399 at Home Depot right now. I really wouldn't object to any of them.
12. Funky cat head pillows: These little guy's are so cute and as cheap as $8 on ebay.
13. A coffee table with wheels: This thing is gorgeous. I could sit my photo printer on the bottom, use the top portion to eat, drink, or work, and roll it out of the way when not in use. This bad baby is $60 at Target.
14. New Balances: I'll take a beautiful, casual pair in a ladies size 10, please. This similar pair runs at $80 at newbalance.com
15. Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone, illustrated: Look. Y'all know me, and you know Harry Potter = LIFE. I have several copies each of all the original version, but now I need to beautifully illustrated copy, only $25 at Target right now.
What are you wishing for this Christmas? I'd love to know!