The Most Delicious Banana Chocolate Chip BreadWednesday, June 29, 2016
The banana chocolate chip bread from Starbucks used to be my favorite. I was obsessed with it, and then they took it away from me...
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas
1 heaping cup chocolate chips plus 1 handful
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Grease and flour the loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon). Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, olive oil, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and eggs. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, completely mash the bananas using a fork. (If the bananas are not quiet ripe, squeeze them gently before peeling to soften them.)
5. Stir the bananas into the large bowl with the mixture made in step 3.
6. Add the one cup of chocolate and stir.
7. Lastly, add the dry mixture until all ingredients are fully combined.
8. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, slightly shake to even out the mixture.
9. Evenly distribute a handful of chocolate chips on top and place pan in the oven.
10. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a knife comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
11. Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!