Country JambalayaMonday, October 12, 2015
Sometimes, I just don't want to cook. Let's face it, that's most times. I love to make fast, easy meals, and one of my fav...
1 bag frozen potatoes
1 bag frozen 3 pepper & onion blend
1 smoked sausage (you can use turkey, pork, etc. to your personal taste)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
Note: Using the entirety of ingredients should feed about 6. I usually make 1/3 of each for just Andre and myself
1. Brown potatoes in large skillet over olive oil on medium heat, 10-15 minutes until toasty and soft, but not burnt.
2. While potatoes are browning, chop sausage in small chunks.
3. In medium pot on medium heat, brown sausage chunks in butter with salt and pepper until edges are slightly crunchy.
4. Once sausage has reached desired consistency, lower heat to medium-low. Empty bag of 3 pepper & onion blend into same pot as sausage. Cover and cook additional 5 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
5. Mix sausage and peppers into skillet with potatoes.
6. Add salt & pepper to taste.
It's such an easy, and really delicious meal. For a breakfast version, you could add in some eggs and substitute smoked sausage with bacon or sausage.