Apple Bread for the FallFriday, September 23, 2016
Perhaps you all remember my banana chocolate chip bread from a few months ago ? ( Check it out here .) For fall, I was really craving a diff...
Perhaps you all remember my banana chocolate chip bread from a few months ago? (Check it out here.) For fall, I was really craving a different type of bread - apple bread. So I tweaked my banana bread recipe a little and made an apple bread. This one just includes apples, but I think it would also taste great with raisins or walnuts thrown in.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sugar free caramel drizzle.
Nuts or raisins, as desired
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Grease and flour the loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon). Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, olive oil, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and eggs. Set aside.
4. Skin the apples, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks. Make sure no seeds or parts of the core are leftover in the chunks. Sprinkle additional cinnamon over the apples.
5. Add the dry mixture into the large bowl with the brown sugar mixture. Mix well.
6. Fold the apple chunks (and nuts/raisins, if desired) into the mixture.
7. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, slightly shake to even out the mixture.
8. Drizzle caramel over the top of the mixture, and insert into oven.
9. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a knife comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
10. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve topped with ice cream and caramel drizzle!
What are some of your favorite apple recipes?